Marcus Jurema, M.D.
Dr. Marcus Jurema, with IVF New Jersey Fertility Center, received his medical degree from Stanford University School of Medicine and completed his residency at The New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, NY. In 2003, he completed a fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions in Baltimore. After his fellowship, Dr. Jurema accepted an academic position at the Brown University Medical School as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Medicine and Infertility of The Women and Infants’ Hospital of Rhode Island. There he expanded his research and clinical interests and became the director of the Fertility Preservation Program and co-director of the Donor Egg Program. He also received several awards for excellence in teaching medical students and OB/GYN residents.
In addition, he developed, implemented, and led the In Vitro Maturation (IVM) of Oocytes Program, a new technology allowing eggs to mature outside of the woman’s body, practically eliminating the need for hormonal injections. He was also the Principal Investigator of a study investigating the efficacy and safety of oocyte (egg) freezing.
Dr. Jurema’s areas of clinical and research interest include:
- General fertility
- Reproductive tract abnormalities
- Improving IVF outcome for women with low egg reserve
Or call IVF New Jersey at 1-732-867-0553
Profile: Marcus Jurema, M.D.
Recent Blogs by Marcus Jurema, M.D.:
- Sex Ed 101: Can I Improve My Cervical Mucus?
- Sex Ed 101: How Can I Get Pregnant Quickly?
- Let's Talk About Sex...and Infertility
- Treatment for Male Factor Infertility
- What to Expect With Male Infertility Testing
- Stress and Your Fertility
- Does Stress Affect Fertility Treatments?
- Terminology Tuesday: Fertility, Nutrition and Fitness
- Weight, Nutrition and Fertility