Attain Fertility Centers Recognize National Infertility Awareness Week
(Purchase, NY) Infertility is a disease that is often overlooked and underestimated. However, infertility affects about 7.3 million women and their partners in the U.S. – about 12% of the reproductive-age population.* Attain Fertility® and its network of 15 partner practices and 23 affiliates are joining forces to hold events and provide much-needed education throughout National Infertility Awareness Week® (NIAW), April 22-28.
Hosted by RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association, this year’s theme, Don’t Ignore Infertility, acknowledges the realities of infertility as a medical condition with far-reaching social and emotional implications.
“We are the largest fertility network in the nation and want to use our considerable reach to help raise awareness that will get patients into treatment earlier and help friends and families of couples struggling with infertility to better understand how they can provide support,” commented Shelly Galvin, Director of Communications and Community at Attain Fertility. “This week we will use our social media platforms to engage men and women in an open and honest dialogue that will send the message of hope and empowerment.”
Attain Fertility-sponsored activities include:
- Attain Fertility Blog – Bloggers Dr. Drew Moffitt (Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists), Dr. Lowell Ku (Dallas IVF), Dr. Marie Davidson (Fertility Centers of Illinois), Dr. Ariadna Cymet-Lanski (Fertility Centers of Illinois), Stephanie Himel-Nelson (Attain Fertility Community Manager), Britt Berg (Attain Fertility Content Manager) and others will discuss the physical and emotional impacts of infertility as well as encourage readers to help raise awareness.
- Facebook – Attain Fertility will engage its community of over 14,000 members in conversations throughout the week.
- eCards – Attain Fertility has created a series of fertility-themed eCards that Facebook members can send to friends and family as a way to provide support and raise awareness.
- Wall of Hope – Community members will be encouraged to leave inspirational messages on its Facebook Wall of Hope.
- Twitter – Attain Fertility will serve as a hub to broadcast their own events as well as Retweet events and information from other fertility-focused Twitter sources.
On Wednesday, April 25, Attain Fertility staffers will attend National Advocacy Day in Washington D.C., meeting with U.S. State Senators and other legislators to show their support for The Family Act, an important bill that would provide tax credit for infertility treatment. They will post updates and pictures on Facebook and Twitter throughout the day so that even those who can’t attend will still be able to be part of the experience.
Fertility centers across the country that are part of the Attain Fertility Network are also hosting dozens of events and awareness initiatives throughout the week, including:
- Utah Fertility Center - 3rd Annual Utah Infertility Awareness Event – April 21
- Atlanta Center for Reproductive Medicine – Baby Party - April 22
- Southeastern Fertility Center - Free Web Seminar on Infertility Evaluation and Treatment – April 24
- Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine – Free Patient Education Seminar - April 24
- Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine – Free Patient Education Seminar April 24
- Atlanta Center for Reproductive Medicine and Attain Fertility – RESOLVE’s Walk of Hope – April 28
Fertility Centers of Illinois will host an event every day throughout NIAW. Events will include a Fertility Q&A, a Fertility Quiz and Awareness Check-Up, and a Financial Webinar
Details about these events and more are available at AttainFertility.com.
“We applaud RESOLVE’s hard work towards breaking the silence about infertility. We are proud to partner with them not just during National Infertility Awareness Week, but throughout the year, to ensure that men and women struggling with infertility receive the support they need,” concluded Ms. Galvin.