Finance - Overview
If you have been diagnosed with infertility, you may have dollar signs flashing through your mind. It is no secret that infertility treatment is expensive – so how are you going to pay for it?
Some states, including Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas and West Virginia, require some sort of insurance coverage for fertility treatment. Residents of other states may also have coverage, but with certain limitations. Contact your insurance company to learn more about your infertility treatment insurance coverage, if any. For instance, some tests and diagnoses could be covered, while certain procedures and medications won't be.
Ask your clinic for help
To help you understand more about your financial responsibility for treatment, ask your fertility clinic staff and doctors the following questions:
- Is payment for infertility treatment required upfront? If not, does the office offer a payment plan?
- Does the clinic offer a reduced rate if you purchase an in vitro fertilization (IVF) package?
- Will the office staff contact your insurance company to check your benefits, or is it your responsibility?
The doctors and staff at your fertility clinic understand how difficult this process can be, emotionally and financially. And, some fertility clinics offer financial counseling on site. Talk to your doctor to learn more.
Explore fertility finance options
Finances are one of the greatest barriers to infertility treatment. With the high cost of most infertility treatments, especially in vitro fertilization (IVF), it is critical to carefully plan your fertility journey. To offset your out-of-pocket expenses, consider the following:
- Loan financing options, such as SpringstoneTM Patient Financing
- The Attain® IVF program
- Applying for grant money from private organizations
In this section you’ll learn about the real costs of fertility treatment as well as how to best plan your finances for your journey to parenthood.
- Infertility Treatment: Can You Even Afford It?
- IVF Cost: What's the Bottom Line?
- Fertility Financing Overview: Know Thy Options
- Health Care Reform: What it Means for Infertility
- Infertility Financing: 5 Tips
- Paying for Infertility Treatment? No Need to Go it Alone
- International IVF: What You Should Know
- Medical Tourism: The Cost of International IVF