April 16th is #StressAwarenessDay, and while infertility is not necessarily caused by stress – it can definitely cause stress. Add figuring out how to pay for IVF? Sounds like a meltdown waiting to happen. Since today is stress awareness day, we wanted to share ways to combat the stress when you’re TTC. When it comes to paying for IVF, call us as we may be able to help take care of the headache
1. Take control of your home and work environments. What does this mean? At home it can be as easy as turning off the news and turning on the diffuser. At work, give yourself extra time to get to work in the morning so you’re not stressed about your commute. Avoid negative coworkers, make lists of everything you need to do and get organized. As the professionals say, “less mess equals less stress.”
2. Put on some music. Any music you love will flood your brain with dopamine which helps reduce stress. Research shows that music is particularly beneficial for those going through stressful events, such as surgery.
3. Eat a banana. Bananas are full of vitamin B6 which help regulate hormone production. It’s good for your fertility and also to destress. Research shows that eating a banana can protect your body from the negative effects of stress.
4. Get your knit on. Repetitive motions can soothe anxiety, according to the avid knitter and pediatrician Perri Klass, M.D.
5. Feel free to say NO. Avoid unnecessary stress such as social commitments, additional workloads, visitors, anything you just simply do not want to do, just say no. We give you permission.
When you’re TTC it’s important to put yourself first. For more ways to destress, or for help figuring out how to pay for IVF, call us.