Carmelo Sgarlata, M.D.
Reproductive endocrinologist Dr. Carmelo Sgarlata has been with the Reproductive Science Center of the Bay Area since 2005. Dr. Sgarlata completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Arizona and completed his medical training at the University of Arizona. He finished an OB/GYN residency at Maricopa County General Hospital in Phoenix and completed a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology at St. Louis University.
Dr. Sgarlata was one of the first OB/GYN physicians to provide Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility services in the San Jose area and has been providing successful ART procedures in the Santa Clara Valley since 1986. In 1988 he co-founded the first comprehensive South Bay ART program and in 2013 Dr. Sgarlata graduated from the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine.
Dr. Sgarlata’s areas of clinical interest include:
- Integrative medicine
- Ovulation disorders including diminished ovarian reserve and PCOS
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
Or call the Reproductive Science Center of the Bay Area at 1-925-269-2660
Profile: Carmelo Sgarlata, M.D.
Recent Blogs by Carmelo Sgarlata, M.D.:
- 1 in 8: You Are Not Alone
- Taking Care of Yourself During Infertility Treatment
- What is HOPE?
- Living with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Letrozole: Best Fertility Drug for PCOS?
- How Does an IVF Cycle Work?
- Herbs, Vitamins and Supplements for Endometriosis
- Are There Natural Treatments for Endometriosis?
- Dad's Age Linked to Higher Risks of Mental Disorders
- Acupuncture for Fertility
- Should Infertility Insurance be Required?
- There is Hope in the Darkness
- Practicing Gratitude
- Toxins and Your Fertility: 3 Websites to Visit
- Fertility Nutrition 101: L-arginine and IVF
- Fertility Nutrition 101: Cinnamon for PCOS
- Can Vitamin D Influence Fertility?
- Does Vitamin D Matter? Recent Studies on Vitamin D and Fertility
- Wellness Wednesday: CoQ-10 & Male Fertility
- Terminology Tuesday: Coenzyme Q-10 and Fertility
- Why Take Folic Acid?
- Can Walnuts Boost Male Fertility?
- Autism and Fertility Treatments
- What About Royal Jelly for Infertility?
- Hypothyroidism: How to take your thyroid medication
- Not another study on diet and weight!
- If I do IVF, will my child be healthy?
- My Plate replaces the Food Pyramid
- Terminology Tuesday: Stress and Fertility
- Terminology Tuesday: Preconception Health Care Tips - How to Improve Your Chances to Conceive